Archives: FAQs

In most cases, we prefer to have our clients undergo what is known as a Psychosexual Evaluation by an independent doctor. The doctor is usually able to opine as to the likely threat or lack their of that they may … Continue reading

The Courts just recently decided this issue once and for-all. In New Jersey, the individual must remain offense free for at least fifteen years following his date of conviction or date of their release from confinement, which ever is later … Continue reading

Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact; Endangering the Welfare of a Child; Luring; Sexual Assault; Not if the individual was Convicted Under N.J.S.A. 2C:14-2(1)c Criminal Restraint;

Aggravated Sexual Assault; Sexual Assault Under N.J.S.A. 2C:14-2(1)c If the individual is convicted on two or more occasions of any one of the following crimes: Aggravated Criminal Sexual Contact, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Luring, Sexual Assault, Criminal Restraint … Continue reading

If an individual successfully petitions the Court for removal from Megan’s Law Registering they will also be able to have their information formally removed from the registry as.

As touched upon above, one of the major difference between the different degrees of aggravated assault offenses is the type of injury suffered. Here is a breakdown of the three different types of injuries, bodily injury, significantly injury and serious … Continue reading

New Jersey’s bail system went through a major overhaul. The days of simple appearing at the local police station, posting bail, and securing the release of a loved one are long gone. Our system is now based purely on a … Continue reading

If the aggravated assault case is classified as an act of domestic violence pursuant to New Jersey’s Domestic Violence Prevention Act then the alleged victim could petition the Court for a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO). TRO’s are civil in nature and … Continue reading

Under New Jersey law, a child age 15 or older may be tried as an adult under certain circumstances. The state can seek a waiver to transfer a juvenile case to the adult criminal courts. This usually occurs only in … Continue reading

While a juvenile will need to appear for some sort of hearing to address a criminal charge, in some cases these hearings are much less formal than a trial. For example, a juvenile may be referred to an intake services … Continue reading