Skilled Attorney Taking On Drug Charges Of All Types And Degrees
Drug and drug-related offenses can carry severe penalties. Drug trafficking, which includes manufacture, importation and distribution, is among the most serious drug crimes. If you have been arrested on drug charges, it is essential that you enlist experienced and insightful representation to ensure your rights are protected.
At The Law Office of Blair R. Zwillman, we leverage 45 years of experience when handling drug cases in state and federal court. From our Morristown office, we aggressively represent clients throughout New Jersey who are facing a range of drug charges, including:
- Drug possession
- Possession with intent to sell or distribute
- Sale or distribution of drugs
- Drug trafficking
- Drug cultivation or manufacture
- Prescription drug charges, including prescription forgery
In drug cases, it is not difficult for a prosecutor to decide that a state crime is now a federal crime based on a range of criteria. In these situations, you need the advice and guidance of an attorney who handles cases in both types of courts to ensure that you understand your options and the facets of the case against you.
What You Should Know About Drug Crimes
- Offenses involving heroin, cocaine or methamphetamines are generally a high priority for prosecutors. Even marijuana can lead to stiff punishments depending on the quantity and the type of activity. No matter the circumstances surrounding your drug charge, a crucial part of our defense will be examining the propriety of the actions of police and investigators with a focus on the protection of your rights.
- With any type of drug charge, you are facing a range of consequences, including large monetary fines and years in jail or prison. A conviction will also go on your criminal record and may potentially hinder you from obtaining a job, a loan, a place to live and more.
- Certain New Jersey offenders are eligible to avoid jail time and a criminal record by participating in drug courts, programs that offer treatment and rehabilitation. In addition, New Jersey’s Medical Marijuana Program protects qualifying patients, physicians, primary caregivers and licensed cultivators and distributors from arrest and prosecution.
Take Action Today And Contact Our Firm
To further discuss the drug charges you are facing with an experienced criminal defense attorney, get in touch with The Law Office of Blair R. Zwillman in Morristown, New Jersey, today. Contact our firm online or call us at (973) 869-5973.