A judge will decide whether to approve or deny a Petition for Expungement. If you are ineligible for expungement, a judge will deny your petition. However, there are other reasons the judge may issue a denial, including:
- The petition is missing required information.
- The court determines public access to your records is valuable.
- You’ve exhausted your allotted expungements for certain offenses.
- A party objects to the expungement.
- You’re not eligible yet due to timing requirements.
If your Petition for Expungement has been denied, an expungement lawyer in New Jersey can help determine the reason and work with you to correct the issues, if possible.